Premium Phosphor-Copper-Silver Alloy. The Silver Bearing Alloy for Brazing Copper and Brass
Astro 223 has the advantages of self-fluxing, making it excellent for electrical applications such as armatures and electric motor repairs where flux would normally hamper conductivity.
Also in refrigeration work on piping and tubing where normal rods could plug valves by the use of flux.
- High quality properties allow 223 to withstand severe shock and extreme temperature fluctuations
- High capillary action allows 223 to join clearances from .003 to .015 (.001″ to .005″)
- Contains silver to reduce the brazing temperature
- Excellent corrosion and heat resistance
- Can be applied to copper without flux
- Excellent electrical conductivity
- Can be electroplated or tinned
- High ductility
Engineered for copper tubing and pipe.
Brazing copper to copper, and copper to brass to bronze.
Recommended for use on copper plumbing, radiators, air conditioners, refrigerators, marine and electrical applications.
- Tensile Strength: Up to 310 MPa (45,000 P.S.I.)
- Elongation: 25%
- Working Temperature: 780-790C (1435-1450F)
- Corrosion Resistance: Excellent
Clean parts to be joined.
Joint clearances may be up to 0.015mm (0.005′) for best results.
Preheat base metal with excess acetylene flame, keeping constant heat to flow and bond the joint.
Astro 223 can be applied with Argon arc and no flux.