Superior WEAR PADS for all applications.
The Astro WEAR PAD system was designed to eliminate the long hours spent manually hardfacing.
Astro wear pads are metallurgically formulated to be 55 R.C. hardness, right through the pad!
WEAR PAD BENEFITS:
- Only replace worn pads – not whole sections like wear plates
- Astro wear pads keep down time to a minimum
- Weighs less than 1/2 that of a wear plate
- Has little or no effect on base metal
- Little or no distortion of base metal
- No specialised equipment required
- Easily attached with ASTRO 375
- 1/3 thicker than wear discs
- Easily transported
- Not cadmium plated
- Consistent size
- 55 R.C. hardness
- Cost efficient
- Easily stored
WEAR PAD USES:
- Most Hardfacing Positions
- Screw Conveyors
- Mixing Paddles
- Slasher Skids
- Dozer Blades
Wear pads can be applied in around:
- 1/10 of the time of hardfacing electrodes
- 1/4 of the time of semi-automatic welding
- 1/2 of the time of wear plates
Place ‘A’ side down to parent metal. Run a 25mm fillet weld on each corner using Astro 375 or Astro 377 high tensile electrodes. Any pattern may be used. For maximum wear resistance, place the pads about 15mm from each other. To minimise cost, try placing the pads 50mm from each other, in any direction.